Monday, July 30, 2012

Building my relationship with food

So it feels like the week of craziness has finally started. Today I ran 3.2 miles in under 28 minutes. In Sept. Brian and I are running a 5 K with our good friends and I've been trying to train for that. I'm hoping to beat my hubby so I ran as fast as I could (which is still not that fast) today and did less mileage. Also we went to Chick-fil-A for Family Home Evening activity to get ice cream for the kids. I was really proud of myself because I didn't get anything! They didn't really have anything that was worth the calories at the time so I just feed the kids. It was REALLY hard to feed them the chocolate chip cookie sundae but it was worth it to meet my goal. Its hard for me to sometimes make those decisions, especially in a social setting when everyone is doing it. I just try to think of food as something my body needs to get around each day. Not something that is there to keep me occupied when I'm bored or simple for pleasure. So to treat myself Brian is cooking me a nice steak! I figure it's all about portion control. If I just have a few ounces it will be OK. It's all about moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment