Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Why do you want to be health?

I thought something I should start out with is what motivated me to loss weight. I think it was two things. 1.)I was about 8 months pregnant and got on the scale at the doctors office and I weighedover 200 lbs. Yes, I know, I was pregnant and was going to gain weight. The facts is that I should never have hit 200 lbs no matter what was going on with my body. Even when Im pregnant for my body type and height I shouldn't even be over 150!!! 2.)Then shortly after I had Emery my sister got married and I was the maid of honor. The dress that I wore was a size 12 and it probably should have been a 16-18. It was so tight and I was SO embarrassed that I had let myself go that far. I was a completely different person than I wanted to be. Yes I know how people talk about how happy they are and how we need to be ok with our bodies and love them no matter what. But I think that is only the case when we are a little out of shape. Not when we are obese. I beleive our Hevenly Father gave us these bodies and because they are a gift from him we need to take care of them. I don’t care what anyone says you can not be morbobly obese and take care of your body. It just doesn’t work that way. That is not the way that our Hevenly Fahter design us to be. I still loved myself and my big hips and curvy figure. But I was just a little too big and too curvy. Also I wasn’t feeling fulfilled in my life. I kept having the same problems coming up in my life in a rotating pattern. Something would bug me about my life for a while and then it would go away for a few weeks and slowly creep back up on me. I soon discovered after lossing some weight I was eating away my issues instead of dealing with them. After eating a whole package of oreos life just seemed to be better for some reason. But it was only a temperary fix, nothing changed! It has been A LOT harder to actually deal with my short commings but I am now actually fixing and dealing with them. I am so much happier now than I have been in a long time. Now this is not to say that I was miserable and hated life beforebut I now just have a better understanding of how to deal with problems that I face. So now I want to ask you the question "Why do you want to be healthy?" If you feel comfortable sharing please post your answer so that we can all give each other support and encouragement. If not then just sit down and write it in a journal or on a scrap piece of paper. And if that is still too much work for you then just sit down and take 5-10 minutes and ponder about it. I think we ALL can make healthier and better decision on how we treat our bodies. It is not about looking like the models on TV it’s about how we feel inside and if we have treated our bodies with the respect they deserve.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the exact same way, i feel like ever since I moved out to Texas I started to really focus on being healthy. Eating healthy, exercising, and maintaing my weight, well trying to atleast. I feel like it is so hard to lose that extra 5 - 10 POUNDS!!! Im in the process of it, but vacationing can really mess up your diet. Im am so happy to be reading your blog, it really helps me stay focused.

    Thanks for your help!!! Love you tons...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to read this! I have spent every pregnancy overweight/obese except for my first and I know that I just really haven't made fixing it a priority. I want to be healthy to be an example for my kids and have energy to do things for them, but I also want to prevent the horrible health consequences that I am genetically disposed to if I don't take care of myself. Thanks for your inspiration and example!

    ReplyDelete