Sunday, August 5, 2012

Stuck in a rut?

Are you stuck in a rut? I hate to admit it but I am. :( Over the past few months I have been working out twice a day for at least 2 hours 6 days a week. It was a lot and I loved it! I feel like now I have just hit a major wall. I have no motivation to do any workouts and if I do anything I can't go for very long without giving up. I'm just not able to push myself like I used to. The marathon (26.2 miles) is in 6 weeks, I AM REALLY STARTING TO FREAK OUT!!! How on earth am I going to do this? Training for it has been really hard and has taught me a lot about myself. Now that it's finally approaching I am scared. My sister in law, who is running it with me, has really got me hooked on the singer Hilary Weeks. SHE IS AMAZING!!! Sorry I know I use capitals a lot but that is how I really talk, yes I'm crazy. Anyways my new favorite song is "Beautiful Heartbreak". Here is a link to it on YouTube if you are interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyX-I-um5Kk
 I have actually heard one of the ladies that is on the video.  She is an inspirational speaker and it was such a spiritual experience. The song is all about how all the pain we feel in this life is for our good so that we can learn something and become a better person for the trials we go through. My ultimate goal is to have a healthy body. Yes having a body that looks good is a great result but not the ultimate reason. I want to run a 7 minute mile, and be able to play with my kids and not get so tired. I want to go hiking and feel like I can go forever and not be fatigued the whole way. I want to be able to play basketball with my husband and be able to keep up with him. There are so many things that I want and I can't do right now and it's so frustrating!! I hate to be so depressing because I want this blog to be inspirational and uplifting. That is the whole reason I started it. But all of us have hard days where we don't want to do anything. We need to have a way to be able to push through them and keep going. I am living proof that losing weight and keeping it off is a DAILY trial. Everyday I have to get up and start all over again, and it's hard but it's worth it. I think up to this point for me it has been all about losing the weight so I'm not so embarrassed by it, but I think I need to shift my thinking to having a healthy body. I think that will help me get through my rut and push on. Do you have any other ideas? If you could share anything that helps you get through the hard times I would really appreciate it. I could use all the help I can get.

1 comment:

  1. Just saw this or i would have posted sooner.. Lets see when I am stuck and I need that motivation or that uplifting spirit I always turn to Luke, family or friends that I know will support me.. Just do it Ellee, I know your at that point where you don't want to but just look how far you have come. That should be your motivation more than anything, look how much you've accomplished by pushing yourself. I think switching up your workout routine would really help you, maybe run 3 times a week and/or try zumba, turbokick or kettleworks.. Any type of dance or weight routine helps me.. Right now i am trying to push myself to work out 3 times a week with three different classes (kettleworks, ripped and turbokick). I don't want to over work myself after work and i still want to come home after work and be with Luke but 2 times a week is fine for me then once over the weekend.

    I hope this helps, remember call me anytime.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete