Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Everyday is a new day, thankfully?

This week my Sunday was the worst I've ever had. I now understand why moms
always say they don't know why they even go to church each week. My kids
were horrible! Normally they are really good at church and if they aren't
dad takes them because Brian's awesome and knows Sundays are my only

reenergizing day. This week they only wanted Mommy though. My youngest was
crying so loud the last hour we had to walk outside. I only heard about
three sentences out of three hours. Thankfully Heavenly Father knew what I
needed to hear and made those three things just what I needed. I've been
really struggling with consistence lately. Some days I'll wake up ready to

work out and eat right and just go go go. Other days I just want to sit on
the couch all day and look at Pintrest and play solitaire. I keep struggling

that every day is a new day and I have to get up and do the same thing all
over again. As a stay at home mom it's hard because my sole purpose every
day is cleaning house, playing with kids, working out, and making dinner.
That's all I ever do! I feel like I'm a broken record. So my only way of
rebelling is having a messy house, not exercising, and having a hungry
family for dinner.  Which doesn't make anyone, especially me happy. Then
today my vicious cycle of self-pity changed. I got a call from my handsome
hubby, who probably knew I was in a slump.  He told me I needed to have the

kids and I ready when he got home because we were going on a date! So of
course right away I started cleaning, getting ready, and exercising so I can
be ready for my fun night. Then this thought popped into my head "Every day
is a new day" and I thought yay yay I know. Apparently Heavenly Father knew
I didn't get it the first time because it popped in my head again "Every day
is a new day" finally I got it! It doesn't matter what I did yesterday or
the day before that. I can start new today and try to get it right this time
around.  Just because I skipped my workouts and didn't eat the greatest this

weekend Heavenly Father has given me a new day that I'm alive to do a do
over. WHAT A GREAT GIFT! To be alive and have an opportunity to start new.
You can't lose all your weight in one day, that's not how it works. It takes
time and consistency working each day for one goal. For me it's been almost
a year of constantly trying to lose weight. It's been a long hard battle but
with daily practice I've had some success. Every day is a new day and it

doesn't matter what you did yesterday, two weeks ago or even this morning.
We need to start this moment and do what we want to do with our life. And

start thinking Every day is a new day, thankfully!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment