Monday, August 27, 2012

I am crazy!

Sorry I haven’t posted in forever. Our computer was broken and it was hard to find one to blog on while it was broken. We have it back now so my post will be every day again. Anyways, I wanted to share something that my weight loss journey has taught me. A few years ago someone told me that there coworker got up every morning and ran 5 miles. When I heard him talk about what this women does every day, I thought to myself "This women is crazy! Why on earth would anyone want to do that. I could never do that." I have thought about what he told me for years now and it really impacted me. I always thought there was no way I could do that. I wasn’t strong enough to do whatever it was that I wanted to do. Now I look at myself today and I am running over 40 miles a week, and I LOVE IT! I am crazy!!! How on earth did I get here. I have turned into one of those crazy health nuts that work out all the time and eat right and is crazy. We all have known them. They do all these crazy races, eat super healthy, and look amazing (though I am not there yet). I see myself turning into one of them and it’s amazing. Why do we (especially women) always sell ourselves short. Like we don’t deserve to have everything in life that we want that will make us truly happy. Why don’t we deserve to have an amazing body, why do we think that we can’t do what it takes to feel amazing. YOU CAN DO IT! We all have those things that we want to do and think there is no way to accomplish it. It scares us to death to just think about it. For me it has been running a marathon. That was how my weight loss journey began.  My sister-in-law convinced me to run a marathon. Now setting your first goal for something so extreme my not be for you. But for those of you who know me I am an extreme person. It is all or nothing with me.  So I set this big goal of running 26.2 miles and set daily, weekly, and monthly little goals of how I was going to get there. Yes, it seemed crazy but now that I’m only 2 weeks away from running it I am so excited and can’t wait for it!  I am pushing myself and boundaries I never thought that I could and I’m learning so much about myself and life in the process. Mostly I have learned that YOU are worth it. You know what your goal is and what that one thing is that just scares you to death that you don’t think you could ever do. DO IT! Set that goal and go for it. It will amaze you how rewarding it will be and how proud of yourself you are. Come join the crazy club with me and push yourself beyond what everyone else is expecting of themselves. You will be so glad you did! I know you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment