Monday, August 6, 2012

My thoughts after 50lbs of weightloss

So last week I hit a 50lbs weight loss, then I went on a all time binge and gained 5lbs. Ugh! For some reason I wanted to do nothing. I kept thinking why am I training to run 26.2 miles I am crazy!!! Well finally I started running again. Today as I was running a little girl asked me "Why are you running" and I thought "WHY AM I RUNNING, THIS IS CRAZY" All I could think about was how much losing weight and training for a marathon has taught me about me. I have had to push myself beyond what I thought I could. I thought I was strong before but I know I'm stronger now. Then I thought of the man I married at such a young age, someone who was made for me and loves me unconditional. And kids who depend everyday on me and make almost every minute better than the one before. I give up everyday of my life for my family. But words can not even describe how wonderful my little family is and how much they teach me. So next time a little girl asks me "Why do you run?" I'm going to say "I run for me, because my life is about somebody else"

I just re-read this from a Facebook post I made a few months ago. It made me remember as moms we give up everything for our children and we need to do something for ourselves every once in a while. For me I exercise, I don't always love it but I always feel better afterwards. Plus its a lot cheaper than my scrap booking hobby and less time consuming! So what is it that you do for yourself to recharge and start over fresh?

No comments:

Post a Comment