Thursday, September 13, 2012

Greek Yogurt

photo.JPG


Obviously I am not a good food photographer. Something I definitely need to work on! I just wanted to show you one of my favorite snacks. GREEK YOGURT!! It is my favorite "on the go" snack. Its only 80-100 calories with 10-15 grams of protein. Can we say AWESOME!!! These are my two favorite brands Dannon and Yoplait (this one is new and may not be available every where). You can also try Chobani but I didn't find the taste as pleasing. :( The fact that it is an easy snack definitely fits into my busy life. Just open, grab a spoon and you are ready to go. If I'm on the go I just put it in a small cooler with a spoon and eat it when I have a chance to relax. For example when my kids are sleeping in the car before we go into the mall. Some of my favorite times!! Its also a great source of Calcium and low in fat. I don't eat a lot of dairy because it's normally high in fat and bad for you (I get most of my calcium from fruits, and vegetables). I hope you enjoy this great snack.

3 comments:

  1. I love Greek Yogurt too! My favorite brand is Brown Cow. Haven't tried Yoplait yet. It's Dexter's favorite food and will grab it out of the fridge. Have you tried cooking with it? I put it in muffins one time and they turned out moist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is smart! I've heard it makes baked foods moist, do you have any yummy recipes you'd want to share!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only tried it a little. Just small steps right now.
    In baked goods it's 1/4 cup of vanilla greek yogurt for an egg. But it does change cooking time I noticed.
    Then I'm just trying to use the plain yogurt in place of sour cream in dishes...especially casseroles. That cuts a lot of calories and fat, but still has the creaminess. Guys don't notice it if they aren't told.

    ReplyDelete