Monday, September 10, 2012

It all starts at the grocery store!

My grocery list for this week (no kidding this is really my list, I'm printing this out and bringing it with me to the store):

- 2 Skim Milk-Winder No Growth Hormones
- 1 Whole Milk- Winder No Growth Hormones
- String Cheese (for the kiddos, they love them)
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Breakfast Carnation (for the kiddos and hubby)
- Apples
- Water
- Grapes
- Strawberries
- Blueberries
- Thinwich Whole Wheat Bagels (110 calories!!!!)
- Weight Watchers 1/3 Fat Whipped Strawberry Cream Cheese (my new favorite food, I dont normally have dairy but I have been craving bagels with Cream Cheese lately)
- Spray Butter
- Romaine Lettuce
- One other fruit that's on sale
- Greek Yogurt
- Hair brush (My previous one turned into a toilet toy)
- Whole Wheat Egg Noodles
- Whole Wheat Angel Hair Noodles
- Block of Parmesan Cheese
- Epsom Salt (gotta relax those sore muscles)

I probably have 6 different types of fruits and vegetables in my freezer. I have just found that it is easier and I waste less produce if I buy the packaged frozen stuff from Sams (of course fresh is better, I'm just trying to be realistic for what I can handle). We also bought a half a grass fed cow (very important to get grass fed), and I stock up on chicken when its on sale. So normally I don't have to buy meat on my normal grocery shopping visits. Good luck shopping, if you don't bring home anything bad for you then its easier to stay healthy. You can pick what your kids eat, even if you have picky eaters. Mine are really picky and really live off of fruit, bread, and string cheese. They started out eating a lot worse until they got what I feed them or nothing. My parenting technique is they will eat when there hungry and when there hungry enough they will eat anything. We need to be teaching our kids healthy habits. So if we only buy foods that are healthy for them then they have no option to eat anything else. Most importantly you are the parent so do what you know is best!

1 comment: