Wednesday, September 19, 2012

MARATHON!!!




This is a picture of me at mile 14 and still doing good. The marathon was AWESOME!!! I absolutly loved it and plan on doing it AT LEAST one every year, and many half marathons each year. Training for the marathon was just so time consuming with little ones. My sister-in-law and I started out really good and kept a 12 minute mile pace and it felt like I could go forever. We wanted to be conservative since it was our first and just make sure we could actually make it the whole way. Then right after the picture above (at mile 14) I just took off to an average of a 10:50 minute pace. Then at mile 20 or so I was still feeling like I had so much energy I sped up to about a 10:30 minute pace.  I really didn't get tired until about mile 23 or 24.  I couldn't believe it. At the end I was still feeling really good. Then at the last mile I just ran as fast as I could. The whole time I was trying so hard not to cry. I kept thinking save it for the end, you haven't made it all the way yet. It was such an emotional and positive experience. I just kept thinking I can't believe I am doing this. This is crazy and even more, I am loving it!!! I am so thankful that I have a body that was able to carry me the whole way through.  I am so blessed!  At the end I completely broke down when I saw my husband.  I could see how proud he was of me and that I had finished.  The whole time I had one goal, to make it under 5 hours.  I didn't make my goal at the 5K last week and I was so disappointed in my self.  Mostly because I KNEW I could have done better.  I was NOT going to let that happen again.  I wasn't going to give in or give up at all.  When I crossed the finish line the time was 5 hrs 1 min.  Surprisingly I was not disappointed in myself at all.  I couldn't believe what I had just done and all I had accomplished. Then my husband told me what my real time was from the text updates he received.  I had done it in 4:59:11.  I made my goal!  There was a difference in my start time because we started at the back of the group at the starting line and it took some time to get to the start after the gun went off.  I know this may seem silly but it was so significant to me.  Over all it was wonderful.  I feel now like I have a hobby in life.  I have something that I love to do that is just for me.  Time that I can take away for myself.  I have always been searching for that thing in my life.  I hope you understand what I'm talking about.  Something outside of work, school, kids, life, or anything that is just for you.  I thought it had always been dancing or reading, but I found out that it is running and working out.  I love it and race day is just the icing on top that makes all the training worth it.  I would definitely recommend doing a marathon to everyone.  YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RUN THE WHOLE WAY!! I was really impressed with how so many people were run/walking. They would run for a few minutes and then walk for a few minutes. It is not as serious as it sounds, and you can do it at your own pace.  It is just an amazing accomplishment and experience. I defiantly don't regret it, if anything I am now addicted!!

Here are some more photos: http://www.zazoosh.com/photos/664033522

No comments:

Post a Comment